Kangiqsujuaq day 2 - travel or NOT travel

And by Kangiqsujuaq I mean we are still in Kuujjuaq…;)

The 3 mentors (after much confusion and double bookings on flights) will travel together to Kangiqsujuaq at 2:15.

In search of breakfast, (the hotel will only open for lunch) the mentos walk to the Northern, but it was closed. Today IS Sunday….It was SO windy and -22 but nonetheless a nice walk was had, then on the way back for lunch service at the hotel (starting at 11:30) we stopped at TIVI, an art gallery specializing in Inuit art. 

We went to airport by 1:15 and almost missed our window to check in! What we learned is even if a flight is delayed you MUST check in at the same time as the original flight time states. OOOOOPS! So we rushed the hotel to drive us to the airport, checked in and sat until 5:00pm hoping upon hope that the winds would die down and we could leave. Alas, it could not happen. Our flight was cancelled and so luckily there was room at the inn!! One more night in Kujjuuaq!

Since it was still light out we walked to the Koksoak River to take in the view. It was still windy but so nice to breathe the air and stretch our legs. Back to the Auberge Kuujjuaq Inn for dinner.

Jeannie, a mentor/participant joining us, was coming from her home town Kuujjuarapik, her flight also could not leave...her route goes north first to Puvirnituq (also called PV) then cuts over to Kuujjuaq, where she will have to stay the night and then fly the same milk run to Kangiqsujuaq!

Fingers crossed we all get to fly out tomorrow, we don’t want to miss any more workshop days…